Details below about how BHCC energy and water team are supporting schools to reach Carbon Neutral 2030 by 2030.
We are currently:
- Carrying out detailed energy efficiency studies to school buildings to identify opportunities for carbon reduction projects.
- Encouraging site level energy management by deploying an Energy & Water Web Portal for site managers and finance contacts.
- Undertaking lighting audits to assist schools with retrofitting fluorescent lighting to LED equivalent.
Rolling out Automatic Meter Reading devices on high usage water supplies to identify and eradicate wastage and leaks.
In the future, we’d like to see:
- All Schools with appropriate remaining roofs to have Solar PV installed.
- Suitable schools to start to move towards Low Carbon heating alternative to fossil fuels.