All curriculum areas can be taught outside. Research has shown this can benefit students’ behaviour, motivation and engagement with learning.
We’ve put together a library of curriculum related outdoor learning activities on this OCOW Padlet and instructions (Use of OCOW Outdoor Learning PADLET). Please use and add activities, ratings and comments.
For other outdoor learning resources, visit the EVOLVE website (Resources tab – pink icon – ‘Curriculum Delivery’ sub tab).
These cover Reception, KS1, KS2 and KS3, and include:
- Ready to go outdoor activities and lesson plans – by key stage, subject and area
- How to make the most of your school grounds
- Outdoor learning toolkits eg beach, forest school etc.
- How to link Forest School to the curriculum
- Research on outdoor learning
- Useful websites and organisations
Model risk assessments for outdoors can also be found under the ‘Risk Assessments’ sub tab.
If you haven’t got a log-in for EVOLVE, please contact your EVC or Paula Greening.