Our City Our World Outdoor Learning Day across the Curriculum – for EYFS, KS1+KS2
Venue: Brighton Museum – ask in reception for the Education Room
Katie Eberstein – BHCC environmental education officer
Paula Greening – BHCC Outdoor Learning Advisor
Jonathan Cooper – OCOW strategy lead
Mike Murphy – Sussex Wildlife Trust
- To recognize the importance of Outdoor Learning in children and young people’s education
- To be equipped with effective practical techniques for taking learning outside (in the school grounds, park and beach)
- To recognise opportunities to enrich the curriculum through Outdoor Learning
- To plan outdoor learning into school curriculum plans
Arrive 9:15 for a 9.30 start.
Morning session to cover:
- the importance of Outdoor Learning and OCOW strategy.
- practical activities to demonstrate health & safety, planning, different teaching styles and techniques, pupil engagement and equipment needed. This will be held in the Pavilion Gardens and on the beach.
Afternoon session to cover:
- Identification of outdoor learning opportunities throughout the curriculum and in school curriculum planning
Please ensure you bring:
- Your school curriculum planning for the next few weeks
- Laptop / ipad / phone
- Clothing for all weather
- Tea towel or small towel
- Reusable cup
£100 towards supply cover will be paid to all OCOW schools, including those getting involved in cohort 3.
To book your place, please email [email protected] by 10 May.